With WordPress, you can create brilliant, highly customizable websites and blogs with just a few clicks. Thousands of plugins and a personal publishing system provide everything you need to create stunning webpages. Our WordPress course provides you with basic knowledge of how the software is structured, how to organize your webpage or blog as well as themes for creating the perfect look and feel for your content.
* You have 4 weeks to complete this course from date of your enrollment.
Wordpress Part 2 course content
The Wordpress Part 2 course consists of 4 modules:
WordPress Part II Module 1 Chapters 9 - 10 Media Management
Module one discusses the enormous benefits of adding visuals – images and video to your blog posts to call attention to your content. By adding media to your posts, you will engage your readers and enhance the overall look and feel of your blog. This module also covers the basics of finding, downloading and installing plugins.
- Uploading Audio Files
- WordPress Media Library
- Adding Images to Blog Posts
- Finding, Downloading and Unpacking Plugin Files
- Uploading, Installing and Managing Plugins
WordPress Part II Module 2 Chapters 11 - 12 WordPress Themes and Templates
Module two focuses on themes and templates in WordPress. There are all types of themes – free, commercial and themes for specific blog purposes. We will take a look at unsafe themes also, which are developed by people who want to take advantage of blogs by using spam links or a malicious code.
- Safe and Unsafe WordPress Themes
- Downloading, Installing and Activity Themes
- Basic Blog Structure
- Common Template Tags
- Required Templates
WordPress Part II Module 3 Chapters 13 - 14 Plugins
Module three takes a look at tweaking themes to fully customize your blog. We will discuss CSS and its defining properties and values for adding plugins as well as setting a new background color, creating a header and customizing navigation menus. Finally, we will discuss specific plugins, their features and enhancements.
- Basic CSS
- Background Colors, Headers and Navigation Menus
- HTML Essentials
- Plugin Enhancements
- Blog Plugins
WordPress Part II Module 4 Chapters 15 – Appendix Upgrading, Backing Up and Migrating
Module four introduces you to ten popular WordPress themes that are completely customizable, user friendly and compatible with widgets. We will also discuss procedures for upgrading WordPress, backing up the server database and transferring websites from one host to another. Finally, steps for upgrading the Dashboard notifications will be shown.
- Finding WordPress Themes
- Theme Styles for Your Blog
- Database Upgrading
- Moving WordPress From a Different Platform
- Host Transfers
After completing the Wordpress Part 2 course
After completing the Wordpress Part 2 course, you should be able to:
- Recognize the basics of setting up a WordPress blog or website
- Define ways to customize a blog or website
- List the features plugins and themes provide
- Recognize how to navigate the WordPress Dashboard
- Define how to upgrade, back up and migrate information
The Wordpress Part 2 course is 24 hours long, taught over 4 weeks.