The Microsoft Office suite of applications is one of the flagship products from Microsoft and Excel is the spreadsheet component of the suite. A spreadsheet is a way of handling data in rows and columns and has the added ability to apply formula’s to the data to manipulate it. Other powerful functions exist in Microsoft Office Excel like pivot sheets and reporting functions.
There are over 200 built-in tools in excel that quickly allow you to create presentation tools. And so when it comes to using Excel, there's just so many different ways you can use this package.
Like all the rest of the Microsoft Office suite of applications it supports the use of Visual Basic to further develop the application.
Used extensively in the financial industries Excel is the industry standard used by professionals.
Who is the Microsoft Office Excel course aimed at?
There are a variety of courses aimed at the complete beginner through to advanced power users.
The courses are deigned for those people who wish to learn this application either for their own purposes (for instance maintaining their own finances) through to training to enable you to become an excel power user or developer.
Microsoft Office Excel course content
The foundations course will provide you all you need to get started with Excel:
- Using the menu system
- The Quick Access Toolbar
- The structure of a worksheet or workbook
- The Formula bar
- The Status bar
- Creating new files
- Working with dates and times
- Creating simple formulas
- Formatting fonts, row and column sizes, borders, and more
- Inserting shapes, arrows, and other graphics
- Adding and deleting rows and columns
- Hiding data
- Moving, copying, and pasting
- Sorting and filtering data
- Printing worksheets
- Securing workbooks
- Tracking changes
- Functions - IF, VLOOKUP, COUNTIF etc
Advanced courses will include:
- Pivot tables
- Data analysis tools
- Macros - writing and recording
- Managing and extending data series
- Complex formula’s
- Forms in-depth
- Reports in-depth
- Charts and graphs in depth
- Data mining forecasting
- and much more
What kind of Microsoft Office Excel courses are available?
There are many ways to learn Microsoft Office Excel to suit both your lifestyle and budget and your interests.
Many companies offer a wide variety of learning methods including:
- One day courses - Live Face to face - often a basics course
- Evening Courses
- Week day courses - usually full time four or five days
- Weekend courses - usually one or more weekends
- Residential courses - Live face to face training in a training provider facility
- Distance Learning courses
- Online training courses
After completing the Microsoft Office Excel course
You will be trained to be able to use Excel competently and use it in either your own life or in the office environment to help record, analyse and report on data. Having excel skills opens up a great number of job opportunities from accounting to business analyst through to project management (with other training) and administration jobs.
Visit our training course directory and find out more details about enrolling onto Microsoft Office Excel course with the UK's leading Microsoft Office Excel training course providers.