Linux is a popular, Unix-like, POSIX-compliant computer operating system. It is the software on a computer that enables applications and the computer operator to access the devices on the computer, and use them to perform the desired functions.
Linux Operating System training courses introduce candidates to the main functions and concepts of the Linux operating system, covering the most commonly used commands and utilities, as well as the command line wildcard and redirection facilities.
Who is the Linux OS course aimed at?
Linux OS training courses will prove beneficial to anyone with a need or desire to understand and use the Linux operating system, guiding you from being a beginner to an advanced user.
The courses are ideal for those who are looking to pursue a career in the IT industry, including roles such as a Linux Administrator, Data Base Administrator, or DevOps Professional.
Linux OS course content
Linux OS training courses provide the skills and understanding required to work effectively and efficiently with the Linux environment.
Content includes everything from introductory topics for beginners, through to advanced learning for experts:
- Creating, copying, renaming, moving, and deleting files and directories
- Utilising the shell's redirection and pipe facilities
- Editing text files using the vi editor
- Setting and changing access permissions on files
- Monitoring and controlling processes
- Using the basic file and text searching utilities
- Customising login environment
- Oracle VM and Concept
- Linux install using ISO image
- Linux Architecture
- Linux Boot Process
- Absolute and Relative paths
- Init systems and run levels
- Process management
What kind of Linux OS courses are available?
There are a wide range of Linux OS courses available, catering to your individual needs, budget, and expectations. Courses include:
- " Online courses
- Offline courses
- Distance learning
- Instructor-led courses
- Weekend courses
- Weekday courses
- Intensive learning courses
After completing the Linux OS course
Once you have completed the Linux OS training course, you will:
- Posses the essential skills needed to become a proficient Linux System Administrator
- Be able to install and configure Linux
- Prepare the Linux system for Oracle applications
Linux courses can also help to prepare you for exams such as the Junior Level Linux Professional.
Visit our training course directory and find out more details about enrolling onto a Linux OS course with the UK's leading Linux OS training course providers.