All companies large and small as well as private individuals need protection online. We live our lives online at work and at home.
IT Security has become an incredible important aspect of running an IT system for a company as cyber attacks become more prevalent in a world where hackers are trying to penetrate and steal company secrets or introduce viruses.
Experienced and qualified information security professionals are much in demand and there is a global shortage of cyber security skills.
Who is the IT Security Course aimed at?
The course is aimed at those who have some IT experience but wish to strut out on a career involving IT security or for IT Managers/Directors who wish to have a fundamental understanding of cyber risk and what it entails.
You will be taken through the fundamentals of IT security and learn how to implement a standards proven methodology for assessing and managing your organisations information infrastructure.
There are a variety of courses available to you so you will be sure to find one that suits you and your organisation. However, which ever course you attend you will have the knowledge and skills to identify risk, to participate in risk mitigation activities, and to provide application, infrastructure and network security.
IT Security Course content
The IT Security Course will include the following subject matter:
- Assessing system security requirements based on risks to confidentiality, integrity and availability
- Selecting an appropriate security control baseline
- Applying and validating security control implementation
- Performing security assessments and making authorisation decisions
- Maintaining security posture by prioritising vulnerabilities for remediation
- Identify network attack strategies and defences.
- Understand the principles of organisational security and the elements of effective security policies.
- Know the technologies and uses of cryptographic standards and products.
- Describe how wireless and remote access security is enforced.
- Describe the standards and products used to enforce security on web and communications technologies.
- Identify strategies for ensuring business continuity, fault tolerance, and disaster recovery.
What kind of IT Security Courses are available?
There are many ways to learn IT Security Course to suit both your lifestyle and budget and your interests.
Many companies offer a wide variety of learning methods including:
- One day courses - Live Face to face - often a basics course
- Evening Courses
- Week day courses - usually full time four or five days
- Weekend courses - usually one or more weekends
- Residential courses - Live face to face training in a training provider facility
- Distance Learning courses
- Online training courses
After completing the IT Security Course
After completing the IT Security course you will have not only an invaluable insight into the world of cyber security attacks but you will have gained the tools and knowledge to begin work in the IT Security industry as a freelancer or full-time employee. To take your studies further you may wish to consider the CompTIA Security+ course.
Visit our training course directory and find out more details about enrolling onto IT Security Course with the UK's leading IT Security Course training course providers.