CIW provides courses for Web Technology professionals and has become the educational standard adopted by many academic institutions, governments and businesses worldwide for Web technology skills. CIW courses verify that you have the skills needed to work in your chosen area of web technology.
Perl was originally developed as a general purpose Unix language that made report processing easier. However, it now used in many different powerful ways. It has its roots in C, shell scripting, AWK and sed and it provides powerful test processing facilities without data length limits.
As well as reporting it is used in graphics programming,network programming finance, system administration and even bioinformatics. It is described as the glue that holds the internet together and is used throughout web development as well.
Who is the CIW Perl Specialist course aimed at?
The court is aimed at people with some background in Unix or Linux who want to take the next step and learn a language that is used throughout the world on Unix/Linux servers. If you are wanting to pursue a career as a system administrator or a network programmer then this course is for you.
Also if you are a web developer or application programmer this course is for you.
CIW Perl Specialist course content
The CIW Perl Specialist training courses include the following elements:
- Uses and operation of the Perl interpreter
- Basic scripting syntax
- Print function
- Variables - scalar, numerical, string
- Statements, loops and Boolean expressions
- Regular expressions - Pattern Matching and Substitution
- Arrays - sort, foreach, push and pop, shift and unshift
- Hashes - keys, values, each, reverse
- Flow Control - If, While, Do, Loop
- Store, read and write data
- External data and using STDIN
- Packages and modules - BEGIN and END blocks
- Object-oriented programming techniques in Perl
- Database programming - connectivity, SQL, quoting operators
What kind of CIW Perl Specialist courses are available?
There are many ways to learn CIW Perl Specialist to suit both your lifestyle and budget and your interests.
Many companies offer a wide variety of learning methods including:
- One day courses - Live Face to face - often a basics course
- Evening Courses
- Week day courses - usually full time four or five days
- Weekend courses - usually one or more weekends
- Residential courses - Live face to face training in a training provider facility
- Distance Learning courses
- Online training courses
After completing the CIW Perl Specialist course
With many perl programming jobs available currently around the world there isa shortage of well trained Perl programmers. Wether you want to start a career as a Perl developer or a Perl Software Engineer or use it in a job like web developer or system administrator having a Perl qualification will help you progress on your career path.
Visit our training course directory and find out more details about enrolling onto CIW Perl Specialist courses available with leading fitness course providers..